Kenya Data Networks KDN Jobs And Careers.
KDN, the fastest growing and leading Infrastructure Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent, dynamic and committed candidate to fill the following vacancy:
Position: Fiber Optic Technician
Reporting to: Manager- Fiber Transmission Department
Stations: Nairobi, Western, & Central Regions
The Fiber Optic technician will be involved in Fiber optic cable splicing i.e. by fusion splicing technique, Fiber Optic testing with OTDR, laser source and power meter, Preparation of hard and soft copy documentation of the KDN fiber backbone and metro network on new sites and maintenance depending on the scope of operation.
The Fiber Optic technician will be involved in :-
* Splicing of fiber sites/ links
* Testing of fiber sites/ links
* Troubleshooting of Fiber optic links in case of fault
* Documentation/Report generation of work done.
* Inspect/check fiber routes/Hub sites as preventive maintenance
* Connect sites within 4 hours and relay feedback to the team
* Able to analysis OTDR traces and Generate a report as soon as a site is active
* Ensure that all sites attended to are left clean
* Generate documentation of sites within 12 hours from the implementation period.
* Ensures that all sites attended to are clearly labeled
* Save any report/documentation/traces for future reference in the recommended format
* Be able to locate faults and mobilize resources within minimal time to counter the fault
* be able to restore links within 4hrs or less depending on the criticality
* Ready to respond to faults at any time (24/7/365)
* Proficiency in Fiber Cable Termination with Connectors.
* Testing for improved performance
* Well versed in using Fusion Splicing Machine Technique
* Must have Fiber Optic Splicing & Terminating Experience
* Good knowledge of using FO troubleshooting tools like OTDR, Mass Fusion Splicing, etc.
* Troubleshooting fiber optics, electrical circuitry/related to telecom industry
* Performing fiber optic splicing, cutting, assembly and testing of cables
* In-depth knowledge of assembly and alignment of optical, mechanical and electrical components into sub-assemblies.
* Diagnoses, troubleshoots and repairs customer and network troubles. Removes and replaces defective modules, tracks spares and ensures repair.
Applications should be done through to firstname.lastname@example.org OR CV’s dropped at our offices, Parkside Towers, Mombasa road, 7th Floor.
Attention Human resource Manager
Deadline: 19th November 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (www.latestkenyantopjobs.blogspot.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.