ACF NGO WASH Jobs.
Action Contre la Faim (ACF-France) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia from May 1992.
At present, ACF is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somalia focused on Severe and moderate malnutrition, Medical programs and Water, Sanitation & Health (WASH) programs via program bases in Mogadishu (since 1995) and Wajid (since 2003) and the Coordination office in Nairobi.
We are currently looking for WASH Program Manager (Based in Nairobi)
The Wash Program Manager is responsible for supervising the implementation, and reporting of all Wash activities for the mission.
Reporting to the Program coordinator and with support from the HQ Wash Technical Advisor, the WASH Program manager is responsible for running and supervising water, sanitation and hygiene programs at all stages of the project management cycle.
S/he is also responsible for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints.
The PM ensures the overall success of the program by making sure the WASH team completes the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations; and that the program is completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality.
Further objectives for the WASH PM concern the capacity building and mentoring of staff; humanitarian needs identification through monitoring of the evolving situation; context analysis to contribute to the development of future programs; and internal coordination to reinforce ACF’s integrated approach.
Note: This position is based in Nairobi and only applicants who are either residents of Kenya or holder of a valid work permit are eligible to apply
Who we are looking for:
* A degree in civil/water engineering with a minimum of three years experience in WASH projects.
* Previous humanitarian experience in Somalia is an added advantage.
* S/he will have analytical skills to meet diverse problem solving challenges and conduct pre and post activity analysis.
* S/he will have proven experience of managing and developing staff capacity and will exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* S/he will be computer literate with proficiency in usage of word, excel and other data analysis tools.
* S/he will be fluent in both written and oral communication in English. Knowledge of Somali Language will be advantageous.
How to apply
To apply send in your updated CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com , not later than 15th December 2010.
Please mention clearly the Position you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (www.latestkenyantopjobs.blogspot.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.